Moms of Law Enforcement Officers
(Moms of L.E.O.)
Our Support Group & Membership
Moms of L.E.O. is a self-help support group where people gather to share common problems and experiences associated with a particular problem, condition, illness, or personal circumstance. In our support group, people are able to talk with other folks who are like themselves. People who truly understands what they're going through and can share the type of practical insights that can only come from firsthand experience.
Some of the common characteristics in our support groups include:
- People who are all directly affected by a particular issue, illness, or circumstance
- Our support group usually have a professional or volunteer discussion leader or facilitator
- Our support group is fairly small in size, to better allow everyone a chance to talk
There are many benefits to support groups:
- When someone is going through what he or she is coping with, he or she can feel isolated and stigmatized. Support groups help people with a problem or illness. People feel less alone and more understood. Support groups empower people to work to solve their own problems.
- Members can share information, keeping one another up to date on news that interest to them.
- Members act as role models for each other. Seeing others who are contending with the same adversity and making progress in their lives is inspiring and encouraging.
- Our support group is a safe place for someone who needs to talk about intensely personal issues, experiences, struggles, and thoughts.
- Talking to a counselor or doctor can be very intimidating however, in our support group, members are equals; this can make people feel much more comfortable opening up about their problems.
- Talking to others in support groups reduces anxiety, improves self-esteem, and helps members' sense of well-being overall.
Besides serving people directly affected by a problem, our support group welcome family members or friends of those experiencing illnesses or difficulties.
Moms of L.E.O. has distinguished itself as a service organization in our communities. We began in 2016 and is still providing volunteer service to our communities throughout the United States. Membership affords our members an opportunity to spearhead philanthropic projects, to form lasting friendships and pursue life-long learning. We support our public safety officers and their families in need through education, financial giving and donations.
* The opportunity to give back to the community through a wide variety of initiatives.
* A means to make use of your talents and develop leadership skills.
* Expand your world through a variety of topics presented by interesting and educational speakers.
Our membership-based organization is the primary goal of our staff. It is our intention to provide the most accurate information to all members in a timely manner. We work with members and leaders at all levels to make powerful connections and provide support for the many projects we are involved with across the country. We work collaboratively with Communications and Public Relations to promote the excellent work and stories of success you share with us. Everything from printed materials to officer's recognition among other community based recognition.
Board of Directors
Moms of LEO holds one meeting per year for our Board of Directors members. Our Board of Directors, put together plans for Community Service Programs and Special Programs, and create strategies to be implemented in the next administration that will help achieve the goals and objectives for Moms of LEO. Members of the Board of Directors annual fees are $100 and our members annual dues are $50 .
DoubleClick Here For Membership Application